This session is now fully booked. Please see the other date on 30th November here.
This is a new course designed specifically to help people provide support to others affected by cancer. It’s also a really great way to find out more about ‘what happens after a cancer diagnosis’. Led by an experienced facilitator, it will demystify the cancer experience and provide ‘tips’ for support, help and information. This course is open to anyone with an interest in cancer awareness and the cancer journey.
What are the learning objectives for this session?
- Cancer professionals – who are they and how they can help you.
- What to expect from the first appointment, and future appointments with the clinical team
- Understanding the impact of Radiotherapy, Chemotherapy and other forms of cancer treatment.
- Support for carers, families, and friends of people affected by cancer
- Complimentary Therapies: What are they and are they for me?
- Coping with bereavement and loss
- Living with and Beyond Cancer: The Carers perspective
This course will run for 2 hours with a short break to grab a cuppa.